25 May 2012

Rihanna's Dreads!

So predictably I'm doing a blog based on Rihanna...I don't care, predictability is structure and consistancy, 2 qualities that can be intertwined with its polar to create something special...Anyway, that probably does'nt make sense to you, but it does to me!ha

A few days ago Rihanna revealed a new look (who's know how temporary it is, the woman changes her hair as much as me!) for a performance of "Where have you been" on the American Idol Finale...the dreads suited the tribal feeling to the song (am I the only one who wants to do a mad tribally-over the top kinda dance to it), but also looked amazingly soft against her skin on the picture she tweeted...





Thinking about it there a large amount of musicians and actors who rock a real dread or fake it for a part...I love shakira and Jolies, the contrast of the blonde is a fave of my beautiful friend Nichola's. I love messy, little, large and neat, they can make someone look so different...


Bob Marley  

Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow  


Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 seconds  

Lauryn Hill 

Camilla Belle in 10,000BC 

Lil Wayne 

Nikki Minaj 

Whoopi Goldberg 

Shakira  

Lenny Kravitz

Give them a try...they dont have to be permanent, a lot of wax and hairspray will get you to the Shakira style above, trust me I've done it! Yeahhhhhhhhhh

Enjoy

Scarlet

Images - www.rollingout.com
www.blog.music.aol.com
www.lasplash.com
www.stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com
www.nairaland.com
www.sa-2c5.blogspot.com
www.besthairtrends.com
www.favimages.com
www.tandlesachin21.onsugar.com
www.coolmenshair.com
www.myspace.com
www.askkissy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment