3 May 2012

If I was to be wed.... Duh duh duh dummmmm!

Over the weekend Ellephant & I visited Croydon...well all talk turned to weddings and the FACT that what dress you think you want is what you actually end up loving! I have always thought that if it came down to the big W I would wed in a fishtail lace overlay number and change into something capable of dancing in for the party! But actually looking at dresses brang up a rather suprising soft floaty semi-princess side of me (eek)...but the amazing textures and structures still shone through strong in my faves!

Obviously anyone who knows ANYTHING about wedding dress designers knows of Vera Wang...the go-to for anyone who is privileged enough to be able to afford one...I looked at other designers for my Wish list but I only liked the Wang! ;)

This is what I would wear in the circumstance that firstly I was proposed to, and secondly I either won the lottery or married into wealth!haha The ones that aren't white are my fave....I can wish!


I never thoughI'd like this style but my gosh I don't think I could resist if it was this good! 




Imagine the Marilyn Monroe walk in this! 






I think you're a close favourite - bridesmaid in white! 



Simple floaty, perfect for any setting... 


Rather irritatingly I looked at the stores at which I would probably find a "deal", Debenhams, BHS, House of Fraser,etc...and NOT A SINGLE dress was for me! Now this could simply be a matter of trying it on but nothing at all caught my eye...not good! So I went down the wedding shop/boutique route, I should have known....a designer by the name of Maggie Sottero appealed to me. Her dresses are widely available at convieniently at White Lace in Coleshill, at the bottom of my road! Her website holds hundreds and I mean hundreds of dresses, some almost identical but have a slight tweak, perfect for me as I usually find a single thing I HATE when it comes to picking any dress!

And here are some by Maggie I presume will pack a price tag but one worthy for the detail. I don't think I'd find anything cheap, its just never happened that way before so why would it for the apparently most important dress of a girls life?

Minus the bow! Loveeeeeeee the veil!



A ruffle not too cowboy! 






Some other "little" details - hair! Kim K got it right for me, up and chic for the ceremony, down and hollywood for the party...







I could'nt resist and I don't care how people look on this but the setting in Twilight 4 I adored...



Some other small, easy things that are simple but beyond effective..LOVE!




On a less "women are obsessed with marriage" note...This took days to collate and I'd never looked before, I don't spend my every waking second thinking of my dress, how I'd wear my hair, the shoes....ok, well maybe the shoes! (note:find shoes) And nor do most other women, its just one of those things that is brought up in conversation, it has been drummed in for centuries afterall, and ultimatley its just an extension of our style and taste...I'm sure we talk about it FAR less men talk about ________ (insert football foul/result/etc)

Enjoy

Scarlet

Oh n P.S I missed out flowers and god knows what else you're supposed to organise as this is a blog, I'm not engaged, its just a bit of dreamy thinking :)

Images - http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_087010751480_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EOccasion+%26amp%3B+evening+wear
http://www.whitelace-bridal.co.uk/wedding-dress-collections/
headkandy.com
liparazzi.blogspot.com
haironthebrain.com
http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/hair-down-dressy-enough
sabdesi.net
weddinge.net
plumblissevents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment