31 January 2011

Digbeth is a nice place...

Hi all!

I had to blog about this today as its been annoying me since I saw it last week!


Soo I dont listen to BRMB radio as I do actually like music, and I suppose these posters all over the city is their idea of a joke...but seriously this is a Birmingham based radio station aiming to gain more Birmingham listeners?

It really pees me off that Birmingham gets a bad rep and people from elsewhere think that they can insult your accent and hometown! I know most people when they do actually visit the city love it and are surprised by the architecture, culture, style, art, etc etc. Nowadays when people visit another city they actually want to experience something other than the generic stores and chains they have in their own cities. Which is why a lot of people come to Digbeth to find independent clothing stores, art galleries, pubs, restaurants and architecture.

I just think that if Birmingham based people and businesses arent proud of their city how can we expect the rest of the Country, Europe and the World to take us seriously?!

Just saying!

Elle-phant

x

No comments:

Post a Comment