2 March 2011

Red Carpet Queens!

Hi lovely peeps...
So have been seeing all the latest red carpet looks from the Oscars and I knew you would all be dying to know what I thought so Ive picked my faves and my flops...! I have to say overall I was a little bit disappointed especially after seeing Black Swan (Scarlet threatened to disown me if i didnt go watch)and all the fashion hype surrounding Rodartes amazing costumes that the standard would have been higher ...anyhoooo heres my faves! I have to say Im not normally a fan of Gwyneth but she is definitely working overtime to transform herself from bland but pretty to daring and sexy what with her appearances on Glee and at the MTV(?)awards. Mila Kunis thank the lord saved Black Swans reputation by wearing this gorgeous blue number. I love how original Cate Blanchett always is she doesnt conform to the red carpet rules and she looks ammezzzing!






NEXT! (as the director would say)I think Michelle Williams always looks gorgeous really and I love the simplicity of this Chanel dress. Good old Helen Mirren rocks a bit of British in this gorgeous Vivienne Westwood dress that hugs (and covers) all the right places! Ok so theres a bit of a prom queen wannabe in all of us and Halles dress fits the bill!




Ah if only all the celebs could look that good now we come to the flops...I dont say it to be mean or a bitch its jus my opinion and if ya dont agree well thats what the comments box is for...go ahead!


Sooo I dont wanna knock a girl when shes already knocked up ..but I hate Natalie Portmans dress its just soo boring maternity and I dont like the colour either, its a shame cos we all know she is ridiculously beautiful and after seeing Rodartes stunning costumes in Black Swan I was just hoping for something a bit more ....interesting. Bleurgh Nicole Kidman just Yak not even going to say anything more the awful dress and pillow face speak for themself!

Finally we come to Anne Hathaway, another gorgeous girl in a bad dress I think the most shocking part of this outfit is that she reportedly paid skeletal stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe a 6 figure sum to dress her for the Oscars! (To avoid any confusion yes thats over $100,000!!)

Enjoy!

Ellephant

xxx

Pictures; http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/oscars/photos/0,,20459085_20469421_20917506,00.html

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/oscars/photos/0,,20459085_20469421_20917485,00.html

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/oscars/photos/0,,20459085_20469421_20917440,00.html

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/oscars/photos/0,,20459085_20469421_20917482,00.html

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/party-snaps/oscars-dresses-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment